The powerful and fuel efficient 2011 Ford Explorer is the North American Truck of the Year. The 2011 Explorer SUV was redesigned with a better fuel efficiency and a high-class cabin.
The 2011 Explorer is available in three trims. The Explorer, XLT, and Limited all have a 3.5-Liter V6 engine, which come in either front-wheel or four-wheel drive with a six-speed automatic transmission that generates 290 horsepower and has the ability to tow up to 5,000 pounds. All trims have an estimated fuel economy of 17 mpg city and 25 mpg highway.
· Exterior features include Easy Fuel capless fuel filler, rear auxiliary climate control, manual single-zone climate control, cruise control, and Ford's MyKey system
· Interior features include power windows with one-touch down dirver's window, a first-row center floor console with wrapped armrest and storage bin, and a tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel
· Entertainment features include a six-speaker audio system with AM/FM radio with CD player and audio jack
· Same features as the Explorer, but adds rear parking sensors,
a keyless entry pad, upgraded cloth upholstery, a leather-wrapped
steering wheel and shift knob with mounted cruise control and
secondary audio controls, and SIRIUS satellite radio
· Same features as the Explorer, but adds dual-zone electronic
automatic temperature control, Intelligent Access with Push-Button
start and Remote start, a standard rear view camera, cargo net,
MyFord Touch, universal garage opener, a Sony Audio System with
HD radio and a media hub with two USB ports, SD car reader and
audio/video input jacks, and Ford SYNC
Standard Safety Features
· Ford’s Safety Canopy system with rollover sensor and side-curtain
· Front seat-side airbags
· SOS Post Crash Alert System
· AdvanceTrac with Curve Control and Roll Stability Control
The 2011 Ford Explorer is the perfect SUV for anyone with its high-class interior quality and high-tech features.