2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
When Ford updated the Mustang Shelby GT500, of course they made it faster and more powerful, but they did far more than simply throw in a beastly engine and walk away. To enhance performance, they added an aggressive front splitter, downforce-generating grilles, an upgraded cooling system to handle higher heat, a sturdier rear axle, upgraded clutch, and strengthened transmission with revised gearing.
These changes result in a coupe with a sizzling top speed in excess of 200mph. The convertible comes with an electronic speed limiter that tops out at 155mph. Both body types are equipped with a launch-control system, allowing adjustable engine rpm to match the available traction.
• 5.8-liter 32-valve V8 engine
• 662 horsepower
• 631 lb.-ft. of torque
• 6-speed manual transmission with an enhanced 3.31:1 final drive ratio
• Front 14-inch Brembo vented rotors with six-piston calipers
• Rear 11.8-inch vented rotors with single-piston caliper
Optional GT500 Performance Package:
• TORSEN® differential
• Front 19-inch painted forged-aluminum wheels
• Rear 20-inch painted forged-aluminum wheels
• Bilstein™ adjustable dampers
• Unique rear springs
• Unique instrument cluster and a unique gear shift knob
Optional SVT Track Pack:
• External engine oil cooler
• Transmission cooler pump
• Differential cooler
Optional Electronics Package:
• Voice activated navigation, Satellite radio, HD radio, dual-zone temperature controls
In the 2013 Mustang Shelby GT500, Ford combines its muscle car power with engineering finesse to produce ultimate speed and performance.